Bachelor’s Degree or higher from a regionally authorized university.
Subject Matter Preparation
- Sample questions
- CSET homepage
- There are free online courses that help students prepare for the CSET.
Approved Subject Matter Program
Department of Math & Science at CSU EastBay has an approval for mathematics teaching credential.
Currently the university is working on getting the science program approved.
To learn more on Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) please click the link: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/
The Single Subject Program is a comprehensive professional preparation program leading to the basic credential that authorizes you to teach in one of the following areas: art, English, foreign language, standard and foundational math, music, physical education, standard and specialized science (biology, chemistry, geosciences, and physics), and social science. You want this credential if you are going to teach at the secondary level and a few elementary positions.
- Preliminary Single Subject Credential
- Bachelor’s Plus Early Pathway
- Multiple Subject Credential
No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Requirements
- Teachers of core academic subjects must have a bachelor’s degree.
- A state credential or intern certificate or be currently enrolled in an approved California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) intern program
- Demonstrated core academic subject matter competence
For more information please contact the adviors