Institute staff support faculty in the following ways:
- Grant administration (post award)
- Development of new grant applications, such as finding collaborators or partners for grants, conceptualizing submissions to foundations or state/federal agencies, and developing research designs.
- Sharing emerging STEM related information via periodic bulletins.
- Administering a small fund available to support faculty initiatives that address
- Institute needs (next cycle anticipated in the Fall of 2013).
- Representing the University at meetings and in organizations that can inform the campus’ understanding of emerging research, data, and effective practices relating to STEM teaching, learning and research. Sharing information about faculty members’ work and connecting to potential partners attending such meetings.
- Helping to disseminate research findings.
- Reviewing and editing research publications.
- Organize the STEM Education Seminar Series being offered to all faculty at CSUEB in partnership with the Office of Faculty Development in order to advance STEM teaching/learning.
If you have a specific request, please contact the Institute Director, Stephanie Couch, at Stephanie.Couch@csueastbay.edu.